Thursday 6 September 2012

Personal Growth For Men

Men looking for the answer to personal growth need only to look within themselves for this is the area that growth starts from. We spend far too much time looking for answers to problems that are only a heartbeat away. Most of the problems we have are our view or those things. Life events will always happen and it is how we choose to react to those events that defines us a s a person. Growth is about developing yourself and understanding what makes you tick as a person, I have found that many of the things I feared have been without justification because it was how I perceived that fear that actually stopped me from moving forwards. Fear is mostly our perception of something new that we do not understand.


Personal growth and understanding of self are no different. We fear that which we do not understand and it is a choice as to what we do with that feeling of fear. I now understand myself very well and accept myself for who I am because I have allowed myself to be vulnerable and thus open to all the things that I thought I feared. By doing this I have opened myself up to all manner of things and have allowed my emotions to have free range. I have become a much stronger person by allowing myself to become vulnerable and it is actually a sign of strength to do this and admit you are not coping. This is the cornerstone of personal growth for men in my opinion and the start of being self-aware. Growth through change is not as hard as you might think, I changed how I thought about things and I changed the way I reacted to life events by understanding the reason I reacted the way I did this then allowed me to stop and think twice about other events and how I might react. Once I knew the reasons then I controlled my reaction and changed how I looked at things. Growth and survival are intertwined in my opinion and my survival began once I changed my thinking and once I understood myself, this is what it means to become self-aware. Men are not great at displaying our emotions for fear of being seen as weak but I know that any man who can express his true emotional feeling especially in front of other men is a very strong and mature man who has grown immeasurably.


I have had several major trauma"s in my life and I am now sharing these with the world in the hope that by doing so then one person may find the strength and courage to make the changes that save them from what I went through.


lifewithoutedges.net. Providing quality mens health and fitness and wellness reviews online.

No comments:

Post a Comment